The answers for this question may vary depending on who you talk to but generally a redesign or revamp should be done every 3 to 4 years to keep up with changes in design trends, technology and search engine algorithms.
Here are a few scenarios that might push you towards considering an overhaul:
- Your branding has evolved or you’ve undergone a complete rebrand.
- Your clients have needs that your website isn’t meeting.
- You’re not keeping up with your competitors.
- You require new or clearer messaging.
- You’re looking into new content mediums.
- You’re finding it difficult to update your content.
- You want more website traffic.
- You have room in your budget.
- You have the time to dedicate to a refresh.